Wednesday 14 December 2016

Baby Shower







My mum and my sister hosted a lovely baby shower for me at 31 weeks. I'd mentioned to my sister that I'd started working on a Pinterest board for a Totoro themed baby shower for our very first baby that I never got to hold and it went from there. It was held in their hometown where most of our relatives live, however by the time mum and finished inviting everyone the list was HUGE. Lucky it was girls only or I would have had to seriously reconsider and have a teeny tiny gathering in my own home!

It was strange and awkward seeing some of mum's friends who I hadn't seen for more than 20 years. There were even people there who didn't know hubby's name and we've been together more than 8 years.

But mostly it was wonderful. Some of the people who mean the most to me in the entire world were there and the day wouldn't have been the same without them. I was very nervous about traveling and it caused a lot of anxiety in the lead up - I probably wouldn't have gone ahead with it if it was just for me, but I totally believe our little girl deserves to be celebrated and I'm glad that in the end I was brave enough to go ahead with it.

The fabulous cake came from Rhianna's Cakes by Design

No comments:

Post a Comment